Hi, folks.  I'm new on this list and relatively new to Linux, having installed Yellow Dog on my Mac PowerBook G3 ("Wallstreet") Series last month.  I have some experience with UNIX servers, but essentially none with desktop installs, and no experience at all with PPP under Linux.

PPP worked flawlessly the first time I tried it, but hasn't worked since, and the tips I got from the YDL e-mail list resulted only in my getting the necessary supporting files all out of whack.  (Minicom still works fine, as does PPP under MacOS.)  I think I've gone about as far as I can following people's suggestions via e-mail, so I'm looking for someone who can take a look at the problem in person.

I know free food isn't an enticement for everybody, but it's what I'm prepared to offer: I'll treat you to the meal of your choice (within reason) iff you'll get my PPP working.  Successful configuration of the power manager so it displays my battery level will earn you dessert.

Any takers?
--Ben 612-870-4584