I pulled my nic from my widows box, put in my Linux box, so it would pick up an IP from my ISP. It would not find the DHCP server , so I statically assigned the info. It worked till I added a second nic, to be used as a router. Neither nic would work, and the link light stayed on even without a cable in it. I rebooted and it said the original nic was activated fine, but the second failed. I pulled the second nic out, rebooted, but the first nic would not go out on the net, even thought the boot up was fine. I pulled it out, put it back in windows, and it works fine.

What should I be looking for? (I am a beginner)

Thanks

Raymond

check out our Church's website
at www.wolhutch.com