On Tuesday 04 September 2001 10:46, you wrote:
> > >Sounds like an old 8 bit card.  Is it possible that the jumpers are set
> > > to an IRQ that something else is using?  Most of the older ISA modems
> > > had an IRQ range up to 7, could it be set the same as your parallel
> > > port or sound card?
> >
> > Parallel is IRQ of 7.  Modem is 5.  All of the external serial ports are
> > disabled, and as far as I can tell there isn't anything with this IRQ
> > besides the modem.  In Windows, I can go into the control panel and look
> > at the irq's assigned.  What's the equivalent for Linux and how can it be
> > done if possible?
>
> cat /proc/interrupts

Okay, getting back to this....

My modem is set to IRQ 5, com 4 in Win2k.  The system bios is detecting is as
IRQ 5 as well.  when I cat /proc/interrupts it's not showing that IRQ 5 is in
use?  This is even after I did a set serial of /dev/ttyS3 to IRQ of 5.

This whole internal modem thing is a bit frustrating...

--
Shawn

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."
-- Bruce Lee