I've tried searching around for a bit and what I'm finding isn't relevant.
I'm trying to make my ftp server make nice with my firewall. In reading
the ftp spec, it says that on PASV, EPSV or LPSV the ftp server should
start listening somewhere and then tell the client to come and get it. Do
you know of anything that can say, make exernal calls so I can open the
right port on the firewall on the fly? I figured I'd clean the open ports
up independantly. This doesn't seem like a unique idea, I just haven't
seen anyone talk about a solution.

Ideas?

Joshua Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
  "The irony of this man being imprisoned in the United States and longing
to return to once-Communist Russia so he can regain his right to free
speech is simply staggering." - someone else