On Thursday 06 September 2001 11:52, you wrote:
> To be honest I havn't hacked on this one for very long, but I thought I
> would ask and see if I was missing anything obvious.  I just upgraded from
> RH 6.2 to RH 7.1, I was running the newest stable KDE on 6.2 (so KDE should
> not have changed during the upgrade).  I have setserial -irq 5 /dev/cua2
> uart 16650 in my rc.local file to get the modem up. Before the upgrade kppp
> and all the rest worked fine.  Now, minicom can see the modem, dial out and
> connect, but kppp says the modem doesn't respond-- any ideas?
>
> bc-s

Well, I'm still fighting my ISA modem problem so I can't answer for certain.
But in some of the documents I've been reading are saying that /dev/cuax is
becoming/ has been outdated for some time.  Wonder if kppp is having problems
with that and you need to change it to /dev/ttSyx?  Just a thought.

Shawn