To be honest I havn't hacked on this one for very long, but I thought I
would ask and see if I was missing anything obvious.  I just upgraded from
RH 6.2 to RH 7.1, I was running the newest stable KDE on 6.2 (so KDE should
not have changed during the upgrade).  I have setserial -irq 5 /dev/cua2
uart 16650 in my rc.local file to get the modem up. Before the upgrade kppp
and all the rest worked fine.  Now, minicom can see the modem, dial out and
connect, but kppp says the modem doesn't respond-- any ideas?

bc-s