First, know your network card. Look up what drive it uses under Linux and
what (if any) paramaters you need to give the module.

Then determine if you're running a 2.2 or 2.4 series kernel. (uname -a is
handy here if you don't know) If you're running 2.2, take a look at
http://plonk.sourceforge.net/ for an easy to setup NAT/firewall script.
Should get you going pretty quickly.

For more reading, check linuxdoc.org howtos for nat/masquarade,
firewalling, networking and advanced networking.

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward