Here's where I get a huge percentage of my questions answered.

I've been using that site since 1994 to answer Linux questions.  It's rare
if I don't find it there.

And learn the vi editor.  You may not like it, you may like emacs or joe or
pico or whatever, better.
But vi is on every UNIX/Linux machine on the planet.
There is a very good book on it that just came out by Steve Oualline.

And if you use the Bash shell (recommended) or Ksh shell on other Unix
versions, you most likely will be using the vi editing keystrokes to get
around the command line.
In bash you can set that to emacs mode, if and when you want to.

Or just ask.

As I used to tell my students at the technical college, there is no
question too stupid to ask.
There are some, however, that are too stupid to answer.

Paul