I dont think it is trying to do an IDENT lookup.  None of my mail logs show
hostnames, and I am not sure how I would turn it off- I didnt notice any
config options for that.  I made sure it was turned off for FTP, again with
no difference.

Any other hints?

Jay

--
Jay Kline
list at slushpupie.com
http://www.slushpupie.com
--
Do something unusual today.  Pay a bill.