On Friday 31 August 2001 11:48, you wrote:
> Use minicom and check
>    1. if you get at working
>    2. if you can manualy dial out
>    3. if you can login to the ppp server

I'm not familiar with minicom, I've always just used the pppsetup to test it.
 When I run ppp-on, I don't hear the modem click to turn on or off.  I'm
assuming that it's not detecting the modem still.

>Sounds like an old 8 bit card.  Is it possible that the jumpers are set to
>an IRQ that something else is using?  Most of the older ISA modems had an
>IRQ range up to 7, could it be set the same as your parallel port or sound
>card?

Parallel is IRQ of 7.  Modem is 5.  All of the external serial ports are
disabled, and as far as I can tell there isn't anything with this IRQ besides
the modem.  In Windows, I can go into the control panel and look at the irq's
assigned.  What's the equivalent for Linux and how can it be done if possible?

May have to pull the modem out and get the model # then visit Linmodem
sights.  Even though this isn't a Winmodem, may find something useful.

Shawn