I may be interested in participating in this to some extent.  I'm not
sure what is involved in "building an integrated Linux," as I'm pretty
much a linux/computer novice compared to most of the folks here.  Any
technical stuff I'd have to learn and I'm a busy medical student, so the
amount of linux stuff I can learn is unfortunately not much.  I would be
more useful  in advertising and trying to get new linux users to try
it.  One thing I've come to think is that linux would be a total gold
mine for the K-12 public schools in terms of cost, but also educational
value.   We all know linux is a great OS.  If we decide to go for it, we
would need to decide what kind of package we should put together.
Perhaps we could approach some high school teachers and find out what
they would want, or even if they would be interested?  What a better
"seed" than getting young kids to use linux? If several Tclug folks were
interested in pursing this, I'd be on board.

I started using linux in 1998 because I liked the idea of a free
operating system and open source.  I was surprised that a novice like me
could not only do my daily computing stuff with linux, but that I could
actually figure out, with some help from more technical people, how to
put together a very useful linux box!  I use my computer for (please
don't be offended Tclugers) email, surfing the web, a very little bit of
scanner/imaging, and word procecessing.  I can't program, and I know
only the very basic unix commands.  I'm very enthusiastic about making
linux more accessible.  If I can use it on a daily basis, a lot more
people could!

Jason