On or about Sat, 1 Sep 2001 19:35:59 -0500
Mike Hicks reportedly said...

> This is really random, but it's a Twin Cities thing..  I just saw half
an
> episode of `Let's Bowl' on Comedy Central, and they were apparently in a
> bowling alley in Minneapolis.  This seemed really weird to me, so I did
> quick Google query and found out that the show apparently started on
KARE
> 11 here in the Cities.  I guess they ran 13 episodes in 1999, then
> something happened.  Now it's on Comedy Central.

Yeah, Let's Bowl started here about 4 (?) years ago, they used to do a lot
of episodes from the Stahl House on Rice Street in St. Paul. (By the way,
this might be a good location for a beermeeting). Rich (Wally) is a local
guy, he used to do this outrageous character named Dr. Sphyncter, who was
the ultimate anal-retentive human. You'd see him on KTCA. He did a bit
called 'Tightline' that was pretty funny too.

In about 1989 I was at a new year's party in NE Mpls, and Rich showed up.
I most of the evening chatting with him, which was strange because he was
in character on and off.  After the party, we were both pretty lit up, and
he basically did a pratfall out the front door, nearly taking the door off
of it's hinges. I about died laughing.

That's my Rich story. You heard it here.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-