On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Bob W. Anderson wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm planning on getting a new computer and would appreciate any feedback
> re: the Linux compatibility of the hardware.
>
> 	Athlon 1.2G-C CPU with K7S5a mb, heatsink, fan.
> 	512MB PC2100 DDR memory

What size DIMMs are you getting? RAM is cheap nowadays, might as well get
a 512 DIMM or two.

> 	GeForce2 MX 400 64MB AGP Video card

Decent Video Card, But I prefer the Radeon myself ;-)

> 	IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD

Got one of these, very very good... but then again i am partial towards
IBM.

> 	Mid Tower ATX Case w/AMD approved 300w PS

300w PS may be enough for the above but once you increase RAM, add a DVD
and a CD/RW 300w _may_ not be enough...

 -munir