Here's how I usually go about this:

What you'll need:

1) Windows boot disk, with CDROM support.
2) Windows CDROM.
3) Linux distro of choice.
4) A little patience.
5) 1 pack of Marlboros.
6) 1 litre hard liquor of choice, or case of beer.

Let's get started:

1) Backup the crap I wanna keep.
2) Use a Windows boot disk to fdisk drive,
	kill all partitions and carve out a
	small one for windows.
3) Reboot
4) Use same bootdisk to format windows partition.
5) Create directory C:\windows\options\cabs and copy
	windows setup files from cd to that directory.
6) Run the windows setup from the C drive.  (This way
	you won't have to hunt down the windows CD every
	time you try to add or change something.)
7) Install windows drivers, drink liquor, smoke cigs,
	reboot at least 5 times.
8) Install Linux distro of choice.
9) Configure linux without ever having to reboot.
10) Smile.
11) Take three ibuprofen, have a little nap.

Good luck, I'm sure you can handle it.