There is just too much wrong with my computer at this point, and I've
decided to burn the few files I really need onto a CD, clear everything
and start over.  Right now I am dual-booting WinME and Slackware 7.1,
and I'm redoing with Win95 and debian whatever-version.  I know it
matters which I install first but I'm new to this sort of thing.  So
here are my questions.

1) Is this too much for me to handle alone?  I *really* want to do this
ASAP.  Without going into too many details, suffice to say I am not
happy at all with the way it is now, and every passing day makes me
unhappier.  So if I can do this today I will do it today.

2a) If above answer is no, can anyone give me a few pointers?  I didn't
install slack myself so I really don't know anything about the process.
 How easy is it to install debian, make the partitions and do whatever
else it is I need to do?

2b) If above answer is yes, who wants to help me out?  :)  via phone, in
person, or whatever....

Lorry