On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 06:42:17PM -0800, Michael Arolan wrote:
> How can I see all the partitions on my hard disk whether mounted by Linux or
> not?

Any of the disk partitioning utilities will do this for you and
cfdisk will probably be the most usable.

> What is an extended Linux partition?  Is this partition available for use by
> Linux?

Logical partitions reside within extended partitions.  So, no, the
extended partition itself is not usable, but it will most likely
contain logical partitions and they will be usable.  (Any partition
hd?N where N > 4 is a logical partition.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery