Hi,

I am trying to compile KDE from source but i am running into some
problems, just trying to run the configure script

<SNIP>
bunch of other checks that are ok
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
</SNIP>

but i have the latest version of Qt from the KDE ftp site:
$rpm -qa | grep qt
qt-Xt-2.3.1-0.rh71.1
qt-2.3.1-0.rh71.1
qt-static-2.3.1-0.rh71.1
qt-designer-2.3.1-0.rh71.1
qt-devel-2.3.1-0.rh71.1

the config.log file is about 13k so i will not post it, but you can find
it at www.redconcepts.net/~nassarmu/config.log

there are quite a few undefined references and my C skills are not up
to fixing this...

other related info:
$gcc --version
3.0

System is a bastardised RedHat 7.1 with the 2.4.13 kernel + ext3 patch,
but i had the same problem with the 2.4.8 kernel.

installing using RPMs did not work either because of some dependency
problems... what i would give to have apt at this point...

 -munir