On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 04:29PM -0600, Michael Glaser wrote:
> I am thinking that neither lilo nor grub is able to write the MBR for
> some reason.

Everything looks okay in your config files, but I would suggest not
trying both lilo and grub -- pick one and try to get it working. Having
three programs (the Win bootloader, lilo and grub) competing for control
of your MBR is probably worse than just two.

I'd say grub, because I like grub. You might have to go into a grub
shell and do an install command -- something like "install (hd0)" (don't
quote me on that; RTFM etc.) That's what puts the magic grub goodness
into your MBR, so make sure you're doing that.

If you haven't done anything special with your RedHat installation, you
might try reinstalling if you can't get anywhere. But reinstallation is
the Windows way to solve a problem... :)

Dan