Hey,

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Joshua b. Jore wrote:

> Okey dokey. The media may be RWed 1000+ times. The hardware (Imation's
> anyway) has a MTBF of 30,000 with a 25% use cycle. So doing the math
> that's ~312 days of 24/7 operation. Or, actually more since  you would
> have to stop for eject/inserts ;-)

Heh, the 1000+ was the statistic I was looking for, thanks.

> So how long does it take you to W a RW media?

About 6 minutes I think. It writes RW at x10 and R at x12. Doesn't matter
though, it seems ot ALWAYS be able to write to RW, and occasionally dies
on regular CDRs. And by occasionally I mean 3 out of 5 times I get a
coaster, despite USING A DIFFERENT FRIGGIN DRIVE. And I get the same SCSI
errors despite USING AN ATAPI drive.

I'd like to say it works under Windows but Windows won't even write to
this drive. Well, CDRWin won't, anyway.

-Yaron