HI,

I have a Dell 1400 intel-based server with 2 slots of 9 Gig hard drive. I
installed Redhat Linux 7.0 on this server and used the automatic disk
partitioning option during installation.  When I checked the size of the
hard disk using the "df" command, I only saw 9 Gig instead of 18 Gig.  I
think the Linux installation only used the first 9 Gig disk slot.  My
questions are:

1) How can I check the total size of my hard disk in Redhat Linux? I know
about the df command, is there another way?  Is the df command the proper
way to check the size of a hard disk in Linux?
2) How can I get Linux to use the entire hard disk space (18 Gig) short of
re-installing and selecting the manually partitioning option - this is
something I just thought of but it seems too drastic, there must surely be
another way!
3) How can I control which directories are mounted on different partitions
e.g /u01 on a different partition to /u02 e.t.c?  I am planning to use this
box as a database server but need to be able to control the size of the
partitions so that I can decide which datafiles resides on which partitions.

Don't hold back even if your solution requires re-installation or starting
all over again.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Regards

Michael

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/