On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Dave Sherman wrote:
> Just wondering if anybody has experience with any 802.11b products under
> Linux? I am looking at setting up my IBM ThinkPad (laptop) as a wireless
> client for my home network.
>
> I am going through the wireless networking howto, and have read a couple
> of product reviews, but am looking for personal experiences from anyone
> who cares to share.

First of all, join the TCWUG list; all wireless, all the time. (not that
anyone talks much.. heh!)

I've personally used cards with the Prism2 chipset, and Cisco cards. The
Prism2 cards don't have drivers built into the pcmcia-cs package, but once
you compile up their drivers, they work just great. The Cisco cards have
everything you need built right into the card utilities. If you go a
AiroNet 350, you also get a much higher transmit power, although the cards
are more money.

Specific cards I've used:

Zcomax XI-300  (Prism2 card; external antenna connectors)
Leartery LN101 (Prism2 card; got of of 'em, cost me $30/ea, identical to
		the SMC2632W's in every way)
Cisco AIR-PCM342US
Cisco AIR-PCM352US (Bob's card)