Does anyone know where your time zone is stored?

I'm running MDK 8.1 and I can't believe how terrible the interface for
setting your time zone is in KDE. Instead of listing the 4 time zones in the
U.S., they list about 50 different cities. Simple enough if you're in EST or
PST (choose NY or LA), but trying to guess what cities they included for CST
(apparently not Minneapolis) is just rediculous. Argh.

- Jared