Hvidsten, Leif wrote:

> I've been running XP since June or so.  I have to agree with what Scott said.  There is no doubt that it is faster than Win98 was.  If you're a gamer, it's fast and very stable.  And, of course, you get a built-in software firewall that will protect from any hacker <hehe>.

Is it any less bloated than 2K?

I tried gaming with Win2K on 128mb of RAM, stuff like Half Life/Counter
strike and Quake3 ran fine, but Counterstrike took 2-3 times as long to
load a level, and Quake3 took several minutes to load a level, compared
to the few seconds it takes on 9x/Linux on the same machine.

Now Deus Ex was totally unplayable. Constant swapping.