<matthew at redroot.org> wrote:

> Don't switch your browser to fake what it actually is. This allows them
> win. DON'T GO TO ANY OF THEIR SITES! I don't want to get people fired
up,
> but believe me when I say that we are in a uphill battle for the
Internet.

I don't care what people do here.  Change it if you like, or don't..
However, if you change how the browser identifies itself, there may be
strange consequences.  You probably only want the user agent string to be
used when retrieving the page, but not when displaying.

If changing the user agent string causes JavaScript code to identify the
browser as something other than it is, scripts are probably going to call
functions that don't exist or that are broken.

Not that JavaScript usually does anything useful..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Error 103: Dead mouse in