On Tuesday 23 October 2001 11:46 am, you wrote:
> I understand vmware allows you to install the guest os in either
> a virtual disk (basically a file) or on a raw disk.  I'll be installing
> Windows 2K as the guest OS.  Is it really worth it installing it on a
> raw disk vs virtual disk.  Pros/cons?
>
> thx.

In the current stable version of VMWare you're limited to a 2gb virtural
disk. This can get a little squishy for Windows 2000.

But version 3 doesn't have that limitation. It's worth checking out the beta.
The USB support is nice. Seems a little faster, and I haven't had any
stability problems other than leaving Windows 2000 running inside VMWare for
48 hours. :)

Stick with virtural disks unless you have a good reason not to. Once VMWare 3
is released you should be able to grow the size of the virtural disks and
extend the volume in Windows 2000.