Okay, I can't seem to find anything current on this for the current
kernel release.  I'm trying to build a machine, with a number of drives:
2800MB IDE's, and 3 200MB SCSI's.

I have the following partitions and sizes:
/dev/hda1    /        275MB
/dev/hda2    /usr    525MB
/dev/hdb1    /var    275MB
/dev/hdb2    /tmp    275MB    (not swap space, as swap is on another
drive than this)
/dev/hdb3    /files    250MB   (future NFS directory)

One of the 200MB scsi drives are partitioned for swap space (64MB) and
the other is for /home which takes up the rest of the drive.  The other
two are full partitions and will be used for misc. directories of data
storage.

When loading Slack 8, I get the a point in the install and I receive an
error.  IO/xx or something.  Typically I've gotten this when my
partitions are too small.  Which I'm assuming is the case now.

This box is going to be my gateway/firewall on a dial-up connection and
will be moved over whenever cable becomes available.  I'm not running X,
so the install should be smaller.

So, here's the question:  With not running X, what are my partitions
sizes supposed to be?  I have an older System book which is based off of
RedHat, but that is for the old 2.2 kernel and RH 6.1 I think but the
partitions seem to be too small now.

Any help?

Shawn