> I'm glad someone brought this up -- I was playing with my 678
> over the weekend, and had problems at 38400.  Google tells me
> that some ISP's say use 38400, some 9600, some other things.
> Google did not tell me why this is.  Anybody here have
> insight into this?

You can set the speed in the boot manager thingy on it by sending a break
when it first turns on.  Typically, if ISP's upgrade the units before
sending them to customers, they will do it through the serial cable and
setting the speed up to 38400 dramatically reduces the time it takes to load
the latest software.  Newer versions of the CBOS support TFTP, but older
ones did not and a serial transfer was required.

Jay