>Yeah, and Sandisk ImageMate readers work brilliant under Linux for $30.
>Perfect for this use.

I know, I have one.  The problem with the ImageMate is getting it cut apart
without breaking the guts of it.  All other brands have cheap plastic shells
that you can just take off, but the ImageMate is thick molded plastic stuff
to make the unit heavy enough so bends in the cord don't make it sit funny
like other brands do.  Are there any other USB CF readers that work well
with Linux?  I don't really want to blindly chop the thing apart without
knowing where stuff is and if it's secured to the plastic on the inside of
the unit.

I never thought I'd be bitching about the quality of the unit. :)

Jay