Lorry,
An example based on a previous description:

I used to delete the lock file in .netscape/ so that I could have two
browswer windows open.  I now open additional
browser windows from within NS and not from the command line.
(So, I did/do things a little backwards sometimes...)

As a result of deleting that lock file, my bookmarks would get all screwed
up and it seemed quite ramdom as to when and if they would get saved.
I could not figure out why this was the case for a long time.  Now
that I leave the lock file alone to do its job and only have one instance
of netscape running at one time, my bookmarks always show
up properly.

uak

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Lorry wrote:
> >A lockfile blah blah blah