I've used Litestep quite successfully at work. I just switched back to
explorer but that was only so my co-workers could cope with my pc if they
needed to use it while I was on vacation. The core litestep is really just
a set of DLLs and an executable. I've found that the hardest part is
finding a theme that you like and that works with you. I got the most
milage out of the WindowMaker theme after a bunch of modification. I can
put my config up for download if anyone is interested.

Oh yeah, don't bother doing this on W9x/ME. They just don't play as nice
with killing random processes as NT/2k is. When you are first trying
litestep out you *will* spend time killing it and trying again. This is
highly impractical on 9x since you effectively have to reboot each time.
It's dirt easy on NT/2k.

Joshua Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10