As I recall vncserver is just a perl script to (a) install a default setup
if there isn't one and (b) a wrapper for the real binary in Xvnc. You
should probably remove your stored vnc server defaults then look at the
script to see where it puts it's xinitrc analog. It's not terribly
difficult or anything - I always have to switch from the default twm to
blackbox before I get anything useful done.

Joshua Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10