> > > I just loaded up Mdk8.1 on my daughter's Pentium 133 with 128Mb RAM,
> > > primarily a KDE used environment.  Let me just say this.  It's painful.

I'm pretty new at all this, but...

On this topic, I have 2 Pentium (100 & 133Mhz) systems collecting dust at my
house.  However, since I now have a cable modem at home I would like to
revive at least one to use as an anonymous FTP server with a login.   With
only minimum traffic would this machine suffice?  I would be running it with
a 10gig HD, 133Mhz chip, 256Mb RAM, 3Com 905* NIC.

Would fhttpd be a good place to start?  I currently have the Mandrake
distribution.  Are there other recommendations for an ftp application.

Thanks for your help.