Here at work, where I'm forced to use windoze, I've made a startling
discovery.  On Windows98 when you replace the shell=explorer.exe line with
shell=command.com in the system.ini, you get that warm fuzzy xinit feeling
on startup.  Something else profound.. windoze is actually STABLE without
Explorer.  It's faster and crashed programs are reporting "I'm sorry, I
just can't run anymore, would you please shut me down?" instead of "OH MY
GOD!!!  the world has ended!  Active desktop, the MOST IMPORTANT tool in
Windows, has CRASHED!!!  Please restart NOW or face consequences
unforeseen!".

So, my question.  Are there any window managers available for windoze to
replace explorer?  I'm currently running Powerdesk from Ontrack and it
does a decent job, but a start menu would be kinda nice.  I'm starting to
get this funny illusion that windoze is *MY* opersting system now and I
want to keep it that way. :-)

-Brian