Fax:    612-547-7580
IS - Mail Stop: T23A
New Address as of Nov 1, 2001
E-mail: MailTo:john.miller at rbcdain.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad C. Walstrom [mailto:chewie at wookimus.net]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 7:50 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Port Forwarding

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 07:05:09AM -0500, Miller, John wrote:

> I am assuming that it is.  When I run the lrcfg script and view the
> connection, it reports the ip.  It is running 2.2.x, I have not taken
> the time to figure out how to upgrade it yet.

For bash scripts, if you place the command "set -x" at the top of the
file, you will see all the shell commands that are being executed and
can confirm whether or not the correct values are being passed to the
script.

> > /sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L ${IPADDR} 8080 -R 192.168.0.4 80
> >
> > when I run ./rc.masquerade I get
> > "portfw: illegal local.address/ port specified"

Again, put "set -x" at the top of your script.  The syntax of the
command looks correct, otherwise.

See also: bash(1), ipmasqadm(1), "ipmasqadm portfw --help", the HOWTO's
I mentioned earlier.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD