> Hello again.  I'm trying to figure out whether it makes sense for me to
> install Linux (probably Mandrake, with all the bells & whistles) on a 100 MHz
> Pentium that can only handle 128 MB of RAM, or if I'm just fooling myself.
> In particular I'm concerned that OpenOffice might not be usable on such a
> machine, since it's barely usable on my 233 MHz PowerBook.  Thoughts?

I just loaded up Mdk8.1 on my daughter's Pentium 133 with 128Mb RAM, primarily a KDE used environment.  Let me just say this.  It's painful.  I wouldn't even think about trying {Open|Star}Office, wine or vmware. KWord, games and browsing are fine, but I'm still considering moving her down to a smaller desktop environment (suggestions anyone?).

-swf

--
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."   - Satchel Paige