I would be in favor of something like think geek.  We could have some t-shirts, mugs, ... made with a tclug logo and make a slight profit off the sales.  At least its voluntary.  The t-shirts would also help get the word out about the group.  With a couple of us wearing them around the U, I'm sure we would start to see some new faces.

Of course this system would take a lot of work by someone to organize and file wit the gov.

Marc