And the name of these "security-oriented mail-relay packages" would be?
This is exactly what we need.  I'm still investigating this matter so thanks
for the info...

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of David Dyer-Bennet
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:16 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Bastion host project...

Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) <zibby+tclug at ringworld.org> writes:

> Actually, size of box really depends on what you want to do feature-wise.
If
> the job of the box is just to relay mail you don't need much of a box at
all.
> A 486 can sit on a public IP and relay mail just fine.

Yeah, the sizes of some of the boxes described strike me as grotesque
overkill on the assumption that simple relaying is what's wanted.

Rather than a full-featured MTA, wouldn't it be better to use one of
the security-oriented mail-relay packages oriented towards living in
DMZs and just doing relaying?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
        Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/