> Mandrake rules.  I've been using it pretty much exclusively for workstations
> for the past 2 years or so, and it's very nice to work with.  8.0 had some
> nasty bugs, but 8.1 has fixed them, and adds a ton of useful features.

I've always heard that Mandrake was a really newbie-friendly distro. I
admit to little experience with it, tho.

1. I have a copy of Mandrake 5.3, signed by Linus Torvalds himself. I
installed it once, and it was pretty much Red Hat relabled.

2. I tried Mandrake's firewall sub-distro (Mandrake 7.2-based); and aside
from the (fairly good) firewall aspects, didn't see anything that
recommended it over RedHat for me.

I'm honestly curious tho; what do you see as advantages of Mandrake over
RedHat?

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer