I found an interesting entry on the Smartlist (a procmail-based email
listserver) FAQ, the second paragraph in particular.

    6.1: Does SmartList run with Postfix?

         Yes. If you use the sendmail replacement of postfix you don't
         need to change anything. Just make sure that SmartList can find
         the sendmail wrapper.

         For large lists it may be advantageous to replace choplist with
         the direct sendmail wrapper call because postfix doesn't need a
         helper program for the load balancing. Uncomment the
         appropriate line in rc.init, and remember to add an alias to
         your postfix aliases db which points to your dist file, as in:

         example-dist:  :include:/path/to/your/example/dist

         However if you choose to let postfix replace choplist you
         remove SmartList's ability to filter out undesirable messages
         -- anybody will be able to email directly to the alias and have
         their message go onto your list.

         You might also find the Postfix FAQ useful, in particluar the
         section on "Protecting internal email distribution lists"
         http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#internal-list ...

Now, I'm not certain when the entry to this FAQ was written, but it's
definitely a vote of confidence for my favorite email server. ;-)

Anyway, back to your regularily scheduled postings...

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD