On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Lorry wrote:

> Ben Lutgens wrote:
>
> >There isn't a better browser than mozilla. Sorry.
> I do not believe you.  Considering I can't go to any secure sites, and
> considering it is slower than molasses going uphill, I do not believe
> someone hasn't done a better job.  If I have to I will go back to
> netscape.  At least then I can go to secure sites again.

 What version of Mozilla are you using?  What you're describing is a known
bug in about ~0.9.2 or thereabouts (also in Netscape 6 for certain
reasons), but it's been fixed for at least two releases (by 0.9.3 or
0.9.4).  They released 0.9.5 on Friday, unless I'm mistaken, and it
appears to be handling secure sites just fine.
 Mozilla tends to have a few major bugs every release.  That's the
trouble with making a program to mimic a commercially-developed software
package.  I can't safely tell you to upgrade to the latest version,
though; some of the more recent bugs I've noticed/heard about were
mail-related.  I'm not trying Mozilla Mail again until I'm *certain* it's
working okay.  The last time I tried it I had to re-sort two thousand or
so emails when it hiccupped.
 As for slow...I'm guessing that's a side effect to having to reinvent the
wheel.

HTH,

     Jima