> Since you're realitively new to linux I'd recommend mandrake
> or SuSE. Once you feel more comfortable you can migrate to
> slackware, debian or one of the other more obscure distros.
> You may even decide you like FreeBSD

Mandrake rules.  I've been using it pretty much exclusively for workstations
for the past 2 years or so, and it's very nice to work with.  8.0 had some
nasty bugs, but 8.1 has fixed them, and adds a ton of useful features.

Mandrake's not necessarily just for the newbie, as I've been using Unix in
some form since 1991, but Mandrake is a joy to use.

Jay