On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:38:23AM -0500, Jay Kline wrote:
> I might have the opptrutunity to swtich 15+ NT web servers over to
> Linux/Unix, but the requirement is whatever it is, it needs to be able to run
> ASP scripts. I have been doing a little looking, and found 3 products that do
> this:
>
> Apache::ASP
> Chili!Soft ASP
> Halcyon Software iASP
>
> As the first is free, that would be my first choice, but I dont know how well
> it supports ASP.  The second two are $495/cpu, which may be an expensive
> endevor, but if things run efficiently, not all 15 servers may be needed.  As
> far as I know, there are no custom ActiveX or COM objects, but they may be
> out there. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Apache::ASP uses Perl as it's scripting language, so you might not be able
to run your current scripts without modyfying them.

Chilisoft's ASP: step away from that product and put your hands up in the
air! (No kidding) Search for chilisoft on bugtraq.. and they really haven't
been fast at getting bugfixes out either.

I haven't heard anything about Halcyon's implementation and I haven't
really had anything to do with ASP either, so these are just observations
I've made from various people and mailinglists :-)

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>