on 10/11/01 12:11 PM, Carl & Paula Zeilon at PCZeilon at att.net wrote:

> I'm trying to install a program from source code.  In running "configure",
> I get error messages about confdefs.h   I assume this is because there is
> no such file in my system.  Anybody know what package to install to get
> this file?  Mandrake 8.0  This kind of problem always happens to me.  Is
> there any easy way to locate these kinds of required files without always
> posting?

First of all find out if what that particular package needs and any known
problems w/ compiling.

You should try to find the file in your system...
"locate confdefs.h"
"find / -name "confdef.h" -print

I also run into problems sometimes w/ the kernel symlinks.  If these are not
created it causes problems w/ some source code.  Hasn't happend to me since
RH 6.2 but I always make sure my kernels are symlinked.

Goto the kernel directory and run "make symlinks".  Should work...

After that It's a matter of finding what packages you need.  Maybe that
particular package is simply configured incorrectly...

Knowing what package you are trying to install may be a big help here also.

sim