Jesse,

Your first instinct was correct:

This probably is not the place for such things.

As for what is appropriate, that is a personal decision, but I don't
know if anyone who hates you enough to kill you for being an
American citizen would be moved by your lack of nationalism,
your humanity, your sentience, or your 'oneness' with the
global community.

Good luck,

Troy

>>> jesse_erdmann at securecomputing.com 10/11/01 08:58AM >>>
Okay, this probably isn't the place or anything, but I'm getting really
pissed about all of this nationalism.  They even have a commercial with
people of various cultures saying "I am an American".

This is all well and good, but wouldn't the most appropriate slogan (if
a slogan were ever appropriate) be "I am a human being".  Maybe have
people say it in different languages.  In the case of this t-shirt,
perhaps have a globe instead of the American flag.

I suppose people deeply into animal rights would want it to be something
like, "I am a sentient being" or something like that.  I guess I just
don't feel like going that far right now.  :)

Jay Kline wrote:

> Yeah, but I prefer the american flag with 'chmod a+rwx /bin/freedom' at the
> bottom..  less violent. :-)
>
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/apparel/5790.shtml
>
> On Thursday 11 October 2001 07:53 am, you wrote:
> > Everybody see this t-shirt yet? 3 bucks goes to the RedCross. Not a bad
> > deal.
> >
> > http://www.thinkgeek.net/stuff/apparel/57b2.shtml
>
> --
> Jay Kline
> list at slushpupie.com
> http://www.slushpupie.com
> --
> You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in contact.

Jesse Erdmann
Engineer
Secure Computing Corp.