Okay, this probably isn't the place or anything, but I'm getting really
pissed about all of this nationalism.  They even have a commercial with
people of various cultures saying "I am an American".

This is all well and good, but wouldn't the most appropriate slogan (if
a slogan were ever appropriate) be "I am a human being".  Maybe have
people say it in different languages.  In the case of this t-shirt,
perhaps have a globe instead of the American flag.

I suppose people deeply into animal rights would want it to be something
like, "I am a sentient being" or something like that.  I guess I just
don't feel like going that far right now.  :)