That should not happen, there is something else going wrong in Winblows.  If
the modem works in Linux, it is because it is a hardware modem- meaning all
any OS has to do is open communictaions to the serial port it defines, and
talk using the standard protocol (I think its known as Hayes).  If Winblows
is having troubles, that means it is a problem most likely with your serial
ports.

Jay

--
Jay Kline
list at slushpupie.com
http://www.slushpupie.com
--
You are a fluke of the universe; you have no right to be here.