On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:29:04PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I'm looking for a tool under linux that can figure out database schemas when all
> you got is an ODBC datasource.
>
> No laughing please... :-P
>
> What I tried first was to setup the ODBC datasource and have MS Access (yeah,
> yeah, yeah) import the database. MS Access puked, the database is too large
> (there is proof that MS Access sucks for any real database work).
>
> I'm not a DB guru, so my efforts have stopped there. I'd like to stay on Linux,
> but if there is a tool (windows only) I'll look at that too.

Bob, I don't remember the name right now but it's something in Perl. It can
query a database and extract the  schema. Spend some time on CPAN and you'll
find it. If my memory returns, I will post again.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4