On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 02:40:11PM -0500, Scott Raun wrote:
> OK, I want to turn on support for someone to pick up their e-mail on
> my server from their Windows box.  For reasons I don't have much
> control over, they're probably going to use Outlook.  I know Outlook
> includes POP3 support - could someone point me at a write-up for what
> packages I need to install?  I'm running Debian unstable.

florin at bear:~$ apt-cache search POP3 | grep daemon
courier-pop - POP3 daemon with PAM and Maildir support
pop3lite - POP3 daemon with module support.
cucipop - Cubic Circle's POP3 daemon
courier-pop-ssl - POP3 daemon with SSL, PAM and Maildir support

> There's also the question of which ports I have to punch holes for in
> my Cisco NAT table.

florin at bear:~$ grep pop3 /etc/services
pop3            110/tcp         pop-3           # POP version 3
pop3            110/udp         pop-3
pop3s           995/tcp                         # POP-3 over SSL
pop3s           995/udp                         # POP-3 over SSL

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4