Gabe Turner wrote:

>Alright.  So let me just make sure we're on the same page.
>
>    * Your machine is called slava.net

No, I don't know what my machine is called anymore.  slava.net is (kind
of) where my mail is, but
not really.  slava.net is my virtual domain, and I'm not sure where it
is anymore, I think the guy who set it up for me moved.  So my email
ends in slava.net, but I actually don't check the mail on slava.net.

>* When you send an email from slava.net, do you see any error messages
>      in /var/log/messages or /var/log/maillog on slava.net?  If so, send
>      them to the list.

Hmmm I've never heard of these, I will look and see....

OK, so is my machine called whatever is in the HOSTNAME file?  Is that
it?  So I can put whatever I want in there, or what?

no such thing as /var/log/maillog, but I have a /var/log/messages
will send shortly