  > On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 05:42:08PM -0500, tim lupfer wrote:
  > > Last night I dist-upgraded my laptop running debian to woody, with
  > > this came xf86 4.1.0 and a broken X server that would sig11. At first
  > > I just assumed that as usual my idiocy accounted for the X server
  > > being broken, but alas, a google search turned up quite a few other
  > > chips and techs based laptops that broke with 4.1.0, and presented the
  > > solution simply as downgrading to 4.0.3 (which I did, and everything
  > > is working again). I just wanted to see if anyone has encountered a
  > > similar problem, or is successfully running a chips and tech based
  > > laptop with 4.1.0.
  >
  > Check the www.debianplanet.org thread on the topic. A fix is described there.
  >
  > florin

If you're referring to the thread about 4.1.0-7 and sid, I think it
may be an unrelated issue as I 1.) don't think syntax within a config
file could possibly create a sig11 2.) found this thread from
august
(http://lists.kernelnotes.de/debian-user/Week-of-Mon-20010806/000484.html)
3.) have 4.1.0-2 and woody. If I'm looking at the wrong thread
please give me a direct link. Thanks.

timothy lupfer      http://www.assimilated.org
tl at assimilated.org tlupfe01 at euclid.hamline.edu

Truth is the most valuable thing we have -- so let us economize it.
		-- Mark Twain